Lately on Instagram there’s a ’20 things about me’ post doing the rounds. I wanna join in but seriously the thought of tapping for that long on my phone does my head in.
I’m the Queen of typos, especially on the phone but after seeing my mates Chantelle from ‘Fat Mum Slim’ do hers HERE and Sammie from ‘The Annoyed Thyroid’ do hers HERE I decided to
copy jump on the band wagon. Peeking into someone’s world and learning what makes them tick is as much fun as people watching…I love doing both! If you want to know more about me then read on…
1. I’m creative but can’t draw…I even suck at stick figures.
2. I don’t drink alcohol, I know “who am I ?” right! I’m not a recovering addict, I just never ever really liked it and hate that feeling of being out of control. I’ve dabbled with it and quite like a vodka or cosmopolitans or even a cider but you’ll really only see me drink maybe once a year. Oh and being raised by an alcoholic mother and having a paternal father who is an alcoholic just may have had something to do with my choices.
3. My husband likes white cars but I like cars with colour! It must have started with my first car a ’74 2 door Corolla in orange’. I loved that car, she was a bit dinged up after I went off the side of a mountain and rolled her 5 times! That didn’t stop her though…Corey did. Corey was a Queen hairdresser I lived with who got the shits when I busted him wearing my clothes so he shoved a potato up the exhaust pipe…potatoes killed my car. I don’t hold that against potatoes though I still love hot chips! Oh and Corey?.,.I moved out when he was at work and took the TV (was mine) and my mate Vannessa (also a hairdresser but I called her Vannessa the undresser) and I had a blast living together.
4. I moved out of home at 17, Could. Not. Wait! I was raised by a controlling bi polar, alcoholic woman and sexually abused at the hands of my brother. From the outside everyone thought we were a respectable upstanding family…maybe we had moments but truthfully we were pretty fucked up!
5. I had a miscarriage once, a woman ran a traffic light and hit my car head on. I flew into a rage and jumped outa my car hurling abuse at her…then she got out of her car and I saw she had pissed herself and I just felt bad. She never knew that it took 3 days for me to lose my baby and I cried so hard and felt so alone. My Mister and I also separated for a month after that because I had severe post natal depression and couldn’t get my shit together. I only knew one way of dealing with hard times and that was with anger and drama thanks to my upbringing…but it was the 90’s and OPRAH got me through…OPRAH got me through LOTS! Oh and we conceived our second child while separated.
6. I lost my virginity at 17…and it was over in oh, about…17seconds!
7. I love Turkish delight…real Turkish delight and dark chocolate!
8. When I was little I adored Holly Hobbie…and ‘Baby Alive’. I got the belting of my life when I clogged up ‘Baby Alive’ with weet bix. I just wanted to nurture and love her…with food LOL…yeah that bloody backfired!
9. When I die I want my ashes scattered over the ocean…the ocean soothes my soul and I could never live anywhere but near the ocean.
10. I still have the pregnancy tests and belly button clips from both my kids…but not their teeth because that would be weirrrd!!
11. Any shade of blue is my favourite colour.
12. I love cinnamon…especially in yoghurt or on a cake!
13. I ate a toasted bacon and egg sandwich at every session of chemo then didn’t touch them for a year. These days I only eat nitrate free bacon and I eat eggs almost daily, but only ever poached.
14. I’m scared of the dark…still!
15. I have never been overseas but I’m hoping to change that.
16. I always write my blog posts with loud music pumping through my headphones. It’s the only way I can block out distraction and the music inspires me. Sometimes I break out in interpretive dance which can be embarrassing when writing in a café.
17. My engagement ring didn’t cost a months salary…not even a weeks salary but I’m more than ok with that! I still have the memory of us picking it out at a little jewellers in Maryborough and then driving back to Hervey Bay in my misters Humber Super Snipe (Google it) listening to “I was made for loving you” by Kiss and feeling very grown up because we were engaged and ‘he put a ring on it!’
18. I have never broken a bone.
19. Last September I started drinking my coffee black after years of being a ‘skim latte’ girl. These days I only enjoy coffee black and will never choose skim or low fat ‘anything’…EVER!
20. I’m not scared of dying, I just hope it doesn’t happen for a very long time because I love living too much!
There you go….20 things about me! Feel free to share one or two things about you in the comments section below.