I am ga-ga for gingham! There, I said it. This is not a new thing or a passing phase, I’ve been ga-ga for gingham since I was about four years old. My Mother used to sew a lot of my clothes and almost all outfits had gingham, smocking or ribbon, winning outfits had all three.
This spring summer I feel like the gingham gods decided to party, the check with the mostest is everywhere and even in plus sizes, YAY!
Now for those of us who used to dine at pizza hut (hands up) gingham may hold different memories but it’s been used in fashion since the mid 18th century and screen goddesses have had a love affair with gingham for decades. Recognize anyone?
Gingham mostly comes in white teamed with black, navy and blue but red, lemon, pink and lime are also popular. In fact gingham works in lots of shades. It’s bold and playful and looks fabulous teamed back with white, red or black in summer but can be worn all year round. Have fun pattern clashing gingham too.
Let’s check out some super pieces…
- Kennedys Boutique Lime peasant top S-XXXL HERE
- City Chic gingham top XS-XXL
- Kennedys Boutique gingham linen pants S-XXXL
- Whitehaven Emporium peak front maxi s/m-curve (18/20)
- ASOS Curve red gingham smock dress 16-24
- BOOHOO Plus broach detail gingham dress sizes 16-24
- Kennedys Cut out boho gingham top S-XXXL
- Kennedys gingham beachcomber dress S-XL
- Bohemian Traders tea skirt XXS-3XL
- Bohemian Traders Gingham Frida Top XXS-4XL
- Kenndys Jenni top (yes, named after me) S-XL
- Kennedys gingham Romance shirt S-XXXL
- Bohemian Traders Gingham Laid back shirt XXS-4XL
- Asos Curve Bunny tie short 16-28
- Yours Clothing Daisy Bardot tunic 16-32
- Kennedys HA! there’s always one I repeat. DOH! see above
- Ezibuy citrus Sara gingham dress 14-20
- Sussan Gingham Blouse 10-18Got gingham in your wardrobe? Crushing on anything in my post?
Til next time,
post contains some gifted items and affiliate links. Read more on my disclosure policy