If you’ve ever wondered what my favourite little finds are then wonder no more. I’m putting together a weekly post of my favourite things and all for under $50…yup you can totally find cool, stylish gems out there for under $50.
I love clothes, sure…but I also love home-wares and stationary and ALL the pretty things! This weekly roundup will be eclectic and helpful, oh, and I’m totally cool if you buy one for a friend and one for yourself. Sharing is caring. LOL
Some items will be ‘sale’ items (get in quick) and some full price, the link will be highlighted so you can click and head straight to the item. That’s right I’ve done all the hard work for you so grab a cuppa and have fun! Here we go….
1. I love a candle and a candle with a conscious makes my heart happy. I met Sarah of Rafiki Mwema at a recent conference and fell in love with her and her cause. Rafiki Mwema was born from the need to support very young girls from Kenya who have been sexually abused. There are sadly too many girls under the age of 12 who have experienced sexual abuse, a cause close to my heart as I was sexually abused as a kid too. Everyone involved in the fund-raising for Rafiki Mwema does so on a 100% volunteer basis, ensuring the funds go directly to where they are needed the most, little girls in need of care, love and support.
Now you can support a fabulous organisation and girls across the globe by purchasing a candle…warm heart much! A classic scent of summer (one of my faves) tropical coconut combined with refreshing lime and notes of verbena and vanilla will take you on a journey to warm sun filled days at the beach…take me there NOW 🙂
Extra Large Fruaha soy wax Tumblers are only $29.95 each. Don’t forget to re use the glass vessel once your candle is all finished…vase, pen holder, makeup pads, small desk stationary would all work well.
Soy candle Burn Time – Approx 60 hours…that’s 60 hours of bliss people!
445grams of wax
2. Spring is here and if you’re like me you might want to freshen up your décor, am I right? If your budget is like mine a single cushion cover might be all you can afford, and that’s o.k. 🙂
Head over to Peacocks and Paisleys and fall in love with hand stamped fabrics created using hand carved wooden blocks, this business had me at ‘hand stamped’. For a bohemian at heart feel that let’s you escape the day to far off dreamy places then I urge you to take a peek. Peacocks and Paisleys collaborate with Indian artisans to make products that will inspire you to design a living space that is artful and bohemian eclectic. We all want that right? 🙂
My pick under $50 (there’s a few on the site) is this fresh Island Palm cushion cover, breezy and light perfect to throw on a chair or mix up amongst eclectic cushions on a bed. I think I need it…and the several others that will create a summer white out party in my lounge room. Ruh Ro Shaggy!
3. Did you know I use a ‘vision board’? Uhuh, I do and they work! I used to think it was all woo-woo dippy shit but late last year I created a vision board and I’ve been kicking goals in life and business ever since. I use the KIKKI K vision board because I love white and the quality is awesome, then I fill that sucker up with inspirational quotes, key words and pictures.
Add anything that you want to work on or manifest, like holidays and health or family or great brows. Whatever you want to bring into your life add it and put your vision board in a space in your home where you will actually see it. Adding inspirational words and quotes helps to inspire me and keep me remembering my ‘WHY’, I don’t have the neatest handwriting so instead a visit to KIKKI K to pick up quote cards and I’m sorted. These sweet ‘n pretty cards brighten up your vision board and help you to theme it…if that’s your thing (totally mine). My favourite from the latest collection are the ‘Be Brave’ quote cards.
What’s not to love, pretty pinks and peachy apricots (that’s a thing) with gold foil writing and only $9.95 for 10 gorgeous pieces. Oh, and you can even pimp out your diary with these!
4. Spring has sprung (thank goodness) and I know I’m thinking about moving my arse a little more, are you? If you are you might want to add some pretty to your workout wear. I’m a convert to print workout wear –read my post about that here- but finding some motivating, fun pieces under $50 can be a task.
Don’t fret, I’ve done it (you’re welcome) and I think you might love this Racerback tank from Shop Elsa. This tank is moisture wicking (mops up the sweat), comes in a range of fun colours and has semi compression, which means no ‘jelly on a plate’ tummy action when you’re working up a sweat. I know lots of ladies like to wear their workout gear to pre/post workout coffee dates or doing the grocery run and I love that Shop Elsa have crated more prints in their new season range to keep the ladies looking spesh. I may have to add some to my own wardrobe 🙂 I have my eye on the ‘dreamcatcher range…more than $50 but don’t tell sshhh.
5. It’s always a good day when you can pick up a bit of MIMCO for under $50, guess what? It’s a good day people! I have quite a collection (not addicted) of these little MIMCO leather pouches and this Comet pouch is perfect for some ‘spring bling’ fun.
It’s $49.95 and will be versatile day or night so you’ll get great dollar per use out of this baby. I use them for carrying my business cards, lipsticks, medication and often head out the door without a bag, just a pouch. They are big enough for cash or cards and a few extras so if you’re looking for a little treat of the blingy kind pop over and take a peek, but hurry because it’s a sale item.
Aaaand that’s a wrap of my first 5 under $50 roundup of some of my favourite things. There’s no affiliate links in this post…just stuff I love that I want to share because you might love it too.
Do you have a favourite…tell me…I wanna know 🙂
Til next time,
Hey, if you would like to share your faves with me on social media then use my hashtag #stylingcurvyfaves . Did you know I have a hashtag for all the ‘good things that happen in your day? It’s #stylingcurvysilverlining …big or small, if you makes you happy then use the # and share your joy with me x